FlexGen® Power Systems’ is developing Workboat Auxiliary solutions that integrate configurable energy storage, power conversion and smart controls with a wide range of diesel generators to significantly reduce fuel consumption, emissions, sound, vibration, and maintenance costs without impacting the performance, safety, or reliability of the power system.
Workboat auxiliary load requirements vary significantly based on vessel operations and seasonality. Auxiliary power system generators are therefore oversized to support peak and transient loads during critical maneuvering operations and as a result, typically operate at low average loads. Low load generators are exponentially less efficient in fuel consumption, maintenance, and emissions.
FlexGen® Workboat Auxiliary systems hybridize shipboard generators by automatically discharging to carry loads during transients allowing the generator to ramp smoothly and efficiently. The system also provides UPS backup power for critical loads in case of generator fault.
Workboat Auxiliary systems can be modular and scalable in power ranges from 50kW–500kW and can be retrofitted into existing shipboard auxiliary power systems or integrated into new build designs. Installed and supported by FlexGen® Power Systems’ marine system integration partners globally, Workboat Auxiliary products require little maintenance and have operational lives in excess of 10 years before overhaul.
- High quality, solid state power
- 100 millisecond response time for fully rated power output
- Automated control of multiple generators and on-board UPS for 100% system reliability
- Battlefield-proven performance
INTELLIGENT POWER MANAGEMENT
- Automated operation requires no manual inputs
- Fully integratable with wide range of generator controllers
- Real-time system diagnostics, data logging, and performance reporting
- Remote system monitoring and fault alerts
- Ultracapacitor, lithium ion, and nickel zinc variants available
- Scalable size optimized for specific load requirements
- Integrated energy storage health monitoring and self-protection
- 5-7 year operational life
- 10 year shelf life
- Integrated overload, over temperature, and input over current protection features
- Cell, module, and system level energy storage monitoring and fault detection
ENERGY AND OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
- Reduces fuel consumption, generator runtime, and emissions
- Seamless operation with diesel or natural gas generators and all fuel types
- Solid state system requires minimal maintenance
- All weather system designed for harsh environments
- Weight: 5,000–12,500 lbs. based on system configuration
- Integrated precision thermal controls
- Shock and vibration mitigation
- Marine connectors and terminals
- 480VAC three-phase